Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Three-bin compost system.... and a surprise ending!

I wish I had taken a "before" photo.  The three-bin compost system at my community garden has been neglected and was overrun with all kinds of dead plant matter. With the help of my mulch fork, I did something about it today.  We could use some new pallets soon, but at least I got it cleaned up and added the mulch to make it safer to walk in the area.

If you're not familiar with the three-bin system, you basically add all your raw compostable materials in one side and when it starts breaking down, you move it to the second section,hen when the second section breaks down some more, you flip it to the third section to finish.

There are endless benefits of adding compost to your garden, so I won't go into it, but I heard an interesting quote about compost today:

"Compost is the currency of the garden."
     - Huw Richards
https://youtu.be/s7iu4xgSu1Y

Will you look at this....


Just as I thought I was finished writing this blog post on this cloudy, late-April afternoon, the sun decided to say hi from under the clouds for a magnificent sunset.




✌❤🙂

No comments:

Post a Comment