Monday, March 20, 2023

What I love most about raised beds...

 I was recently asked "What do you love most about raised beds?" There are many great reasons to use raised beds, such as:

Containment of soil 

Control over soil mixture 

Definition of the garden space 

Facilitates square foot gardening 

Raised soil height improves accessibility 

Reduces the need to walk on the soil

Planning is simpler


I think my favorite thing about raised beds is the organized look of it all.


Here is a picture of my "three sisters" bed from a few years ago. As you can see,I was able to mow the grass right up to the bed and weed whack along the edge for very clean look. That year, I topped the beds with 2 inches of compost that I had bought and it payed huge dividends. "Just looked them beans... and look at that corn!" (as Johnny Cash sang about)

✌❤🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment