Monday, September 19, 2016

I forgot how much I like arugula!  A chicken sandwich was on the menu for supper and I didn't want to have just plain old chicken, so I spiced it up with a big handful of this complex-flavored green vegetable.  I'll save the pictures of my meal for a different social networking site.

I don't know where to start a description of the flavor, but all I can say is that it is spicy but mild, tender but textured, simple but not plain.  We got some rain today, so maybe that helped with add to the mildness and tenderness.

From what I hear, arugula tolerates the cold weather pretty well, so I am pretty excited about this new addition to my garden.  If anyone has any suggestions for recipes for arugula, please add them to the comments section.  I really want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment