Friday, September 23, 2016

On the hunt - UPDATE

I am on the hunt tomorrow to track down my garlic bulbs that were in the mail.  The postal service claims that they were delivered today, but they are not in my mailbox.   I'm going to march right down the reason soon as they open.

Anyway, as soon as that is taken care of, I think I need to start clearing out space for the garlic to be planted, compost has to be added and mixed in to the soil.  The tomatoes and peppers are pretty much done, and I had better just pick them all and preserve them in some way.  I thought about drying out the peppers, but I might can them. I don't know, I'm still debating it.

Another project I want to tackle is moving around my perennial flowers.  I thought about maybe breaking up the hostas and irises and putting them in pots to try and sell for a few bucks a piece next spring.  Like with any plant that I have watched grow, I can't stand to throw them away.

I should also start getting ready and area to start some new gardens next year.  Pollinator friendly flowers are my next goal, and I need to make prepare more ground before I do any of that.  It would be really cool if I planted enough variety of flowers to have something blooming at all times of the spring, summer and fall.

Pretty soon the leaves are going to be falling,  and I should get some bags full of leaves from the side of the roads.  I know it seems weird to most people, but serious compost enthusiasts like myself consider it normal.  I need to increase my compost production, and I don't have nearly enough trees around my house.

So, my work is cut out for me tomorrow.  I had better get some rest, because I need to get up early.  You know what they say: A farmer's work is never done!

UPDATE


I found them!  They were here all along, buy my wife forgot to mention this fact.  But look how nice they are, they have the nice mesh bag with a detailed planting and harvest guide.  We'll, now I'm off to the races! 

No comments:

Post a Comment